I could not find any guide of upgrading my LG-NAS N2R1 with RAID 1 with bigger hard drives. In short:
- I bought two 2TB drives.
- Replace HDD 2 with a new HDD:
- Remove drive 2 from the raid using System > Volume > Add/Remove HDD
- Replace old HD with new HD
- Insert new HD in the NAS
- Activate the new HD from System > Volume > Add/Remove HDD
- Let the new HD resync.
Please note that for now the NAS will resync only the same volume, thus the size of the volume will remain as before. In my case, LG-NAS reported 1TB, not 2TB
- Replace the other HD too, using the same steps and let it resync
- Magically the LG-NAS will increase the volume size after resync to the max. It resized to full capacity. I have now a 2TB NAS
Great machineExplore posts in the same categories: Profession, Server, Tools